We are Munch's Supply , the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 12 branch locations. But that’s not all. Through acquisition, we also operate five Tommark branches in Michigan, seven O’Connor branches in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri, three Comfort Air Distributing locations in Colorado and seven C&L Supply HVAC and Plumbing locations in Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas. We are on a roll and there’s no stopping us now! We are currently seeking a Driver / Warehouse Associate at our Hillside branch at 300 N. Mannheim, Hillside, IL 60162.
Do you have a pencil? ‘Cause we’re ready to write our future! We’re looking for:
- Deep thinkers (sometimes!) who are able to show good judgment.
- High-energy doers with an eye toward personal growth.
- Hard workers who can adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- People lovers who are ready to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
What will you be doing? We’ll keep you busy and teach you how to:
- Check orders to be sure they’re correct and ready for customer pick up
- Load & unload product
- Drive our Munch box trucks
- Make deliveries to or from customers, vendors, or other branch locations
- Greeting customers and get their orders ready.
- Eat, sleep and drink safety.
What. What. What do you get:
- No overnight travel, not even evening driving
- Steady hours
- A Munch 16-foot box truck to drive
- A chance to work with a growing company with awesome people
Yes! You get paid for this!
Starting from $17.50 per hour
So, what do we offer you?
- Health care (medical, dental, vision, prescription) available first day of hire!
- 401k with company contribution (full-time employees)
- Life insurance plus short-term and long-term disability
- Earn Paid Time Off starting from day 1
- Vacations and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount
- Promotions from within
What will you bring to the table?
- A great driving record
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Terrific communication skills
- Accuracy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic keyboarding or computer skills to use a RF scanner or enter items into the system
- Basic math and number skills to check items, match or sort product, and add
Can you vote? (We don’t care about your politics, but you need to be 18!)
- DOT Medical Certification card and a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a 16-foot box truck
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum one year experience
- Able to pass a background checks
- Able to work overtime and Saturdays as needed
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Forklift experience a plus.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
Celebrating its 65th year in business in 2021, Munch’s Supply operates with a commitment to service as a leading distributor for trusted equipment brands such as American Standard, Trane, Mitsubishi and Rheem. We also represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 10,000 SKUs in our full assortment. We are proud to be consistently ranked as a top 10 HVAC distributor in the United States.
With almost 600 employees across the Midwest, our commitment to service extends to our communities as well. The Munch’s Supply team supports an annual food drive at each of our branches each fall allowing us to directly impact our local communities. We are also a supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2020, Munch's raised just under $10,000—putting us in eighth place out of 191 teams in the Chicago area.
Sound perfect for you? Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- 7-10 hours worked per day; up to 40-43 hours worked per week
- Bending 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing into and out of truck bed 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing ladders or stairs 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing on and off fork trucks 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing or balancing 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Big Joe 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Forklift 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up top 100 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Pushing / Pulling up to 300 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Reaching 6-8 hours per day
- Reaching above shoulder 6-8 hour per day
- Repetitively using foot motion for driving 1-6 hours per day
- Sitting 3-8 hours per day
- Squatting 1-3 hour per day
- Standing 3-6 hours per day
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling 1-3 hours per day
- Twisting (at waist) 0-1 hours per day
- Using close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Using fingers, hands, arms to feel and touch 6-8 hours per day
- Using hands and arms 6-8 hours per day
- Using hearing to talk and listen 3-8 hours per day
- Using vision to drive 3-8 hours per day
- Walking 3-6 hours per day
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
Attention To Detail