Our client is the one of the leading distributors for nail products among several large retailers and has recently acquired two rapidly growing cosmetic lines. With great branding and national distribution they have quadrupled in sales and are looking to add a VP of sales to their tight knit growing team!
The VP of sales will be responsible for developing, nurturing, and maintaining retail growth strategies with existing and new national accounts by leveraging the company’s current product categories, retail relationships, and product offerings.
- Lead the creation of the Sales strategy related to the clients for North America; proactively work with the management team to identify new commercial opportunities and opportunities to expand within existing accounts
- Build intimate customer knowledge by understanding current customer’s roster, their business models,visions, strategies, and short and long term needs
- Develop a detailed understanding of key influencers, stakeholders and decision makers within existing as well as targeted retail client organizations
- Manage the outside Sales team/agency Reps or brokers who own each individual Retailers - national accounts, specialty retail, Amazon, and other e-commerce platforms
- Demonstrate a good understanding of gross margins, pricing strategies, and general business economics to meet company profit targets
- Strategize on new products and services
- BA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 plus years driving a Sales or Sales Management organization selling into the major mass merchant retail channels and preferably with some drug/pharma organizations.
- Excellent leadership skills – a track record of building both internal sales teams as well as managing outside agencies, reps, brokers or consultants with proven results.
- Proven track record of success in sales building consumer brands; able to demonstrate successful sales accomplishments for brands within national retail accounts
- Must be a key brand evangelist and storyteller – excellent presentation capabilities, persuasive, and loves to be in front of clients and audiences selling or extolling the virtues of the brand.
- Well-organized, possessing the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, dynamic, ever-changing environment; hands-on and purposeful.
Why work here:
- Six figure salary as base + bonus
- Lots of upward mobility
- Competitive benefit package
- Be a part of a growing and dynamic team and help build a brand!
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.