• Provides prompt, courteous customer service.
• Ring up all sales on cash register properly and accurately, handling money, checks, and other types of payment received for
• Performs multi-function operation of fuel console, lottery machine, money order machine, telecom transactions, etc.
• Performs multi-function and cleaning duties necessary to maintain store cleanliness inside and out; basic upkeep and
cleaning of all equipment at store.
• Inspect store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order.
• Contacts maintenance for repair when needed.
• Completes build-to’s for ordering/purchasing merchandise.
• Receives and verifies vendor deliveries.
• Controls merchandise, cash shortages, and other selling expenses.
• Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
• Assists new applicants with application process.
• Performs all duties with minimal supervision.
• Attends job-related meetings (may be required to work irregular hours).
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Perform approximately 95% of all work indoors, but will be required to work outside to clean parking lots, gas pumps,
take out garbage, etc.
• Exposure to extreme cold temperatures while performing occasional work in a walk in cooler and/or freezer.
• Exposure to occasional noise.
• Work with a minimum direction and periodic supervision.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in
stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist level (i.e., to replenish fountain syrups).
• Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck).
• Ability to bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday.
• Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day. (This handwork requires eye-hand coordination, and
may require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and remove signs).
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS/DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES NECESSARY TO IDENTIFY THE JOB AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY INTENDED TO SET FORTH ALL OF THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Experience in retail sales preferred.
• Ability to work in the conditions described below.
• Ability to perform essential duties and physical functions described below.
• Ability to work with the equipment, tools and materials listed below.
• Ability to work as scheduled and arrive to work on time.
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
• Ability to perform the four (4) basic arithmetic operations (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue