Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages general ledger balancing and reconciliation
· Manages accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaids, and securities accounting
· Manages local agency reporting and collateral maintenance
· Manages property tax reporting, sales tax analysis and reporting
· Manages reconciliation of statements and accounts, sweep products, off-site vault
· Manages preparation of department certifications
· Prepares departmental disaster recovery plan and manages DRP testing
· Prepares reports for financial audits and regulatory exams
· Maintains bond pre and post purchase analysis
· Coordinates department archive retention
· Performs reporting duties as assigned
· Serves on task forces and committees as assigned
· Supervises accounting staff including training and performance reviews
- Maintains Fiserv specifications for:
- General Ledger
- General Ledger Integration
- Fixed Asset System
- Accounts Payable System
· Manages department projects as needed
· Assists with employment decisions
· Ensures regulatory compliance as applicable
· Research and problem solving as needed
· Creates an atmosphere within the organization that attains and maintains a high level of morale.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements as documented are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college in applicable discipline and 5 years applicable experience in progressively responsible positions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Ability: Ability to read and analyze banking and financial reports inclusive of legal documents. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills in English. Must possess ability to present information with clarity.
• Math Ability: Must possess ability to understand and interpret financial data. Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics, ratios, reconciliation concepts and general accounting standards.
• Computer Skills: Must have strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook with specific skills in Fiserv Premier, or other bank systems as required by position. Must be adept at accessing and utilizing information necessary to perform job functions.