Attend food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the buffet areas.
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
- Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
- Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles and clear tables as required.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
- May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
Standing up and moving about the kitchen and cafeteria
Handling food, objects, products and utensils
Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and supervisors.
- Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Wine (Alcoholic Beverages)
Outline Of Food Preparation