· Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
· Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
· Maintains the general ledger.
· Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
· Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
· Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
· Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
· Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
· Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
· As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
· Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
· Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
· Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
· Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
· Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
· Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.