To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Brianna Lee
- Phone: 4697950913
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Open Systems Technologies • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Senior Network Monitoring Systems Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer Senior Advisor) will administer and architect network monitoring solutions.
- Support network monitoring products and solutions, to including implementation, migrations, documentation and decommissioning
- Develop monitoring solution architectures, designs and deployment plans.
- Conduct periodic reviews and rationalize installed products
- Optimize and automate solutions to increase performance, availability and reduce cost
- Integrate infrastructure components into existing monitoring products
- Provide escalation support to engineering, operations and other staff
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Linux systems administration required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Windows required
- Minimum of 6 years supporting commercial and open-source products on Linux and Windows
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing enterprise monitoring systems such as Spectrum, Network Node Manager, NetCool, TruSight, SolarWinds or Moogsoft
- In-depth knowledge using SNMP, MIBs and OIDs to monitor infrastructure components
- Intermediate scripting and programming experience with Perl, Python or Powershell to leverage APIs
- Experience desired with Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle or another similar DBMS
- Experience desired with Syslog-NG, Cisco Prime, Splunk or Prognosis
- Basic knowledge of Wide and Local Area Networks
- Basic knowledge of network protocols and applications including SYSLOG, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, DHCP, IPSec, NAT, ACLs
- Experience in customer service and/or operations
- Strong troubleshooting, documentation and communication abilities
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required
- Or equivalent work experience
- Redhat Engineer Certification desired