To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
516 Carew Street
Springfield, MA 01104
- Kris Hamel, HR Manager
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shriners Hospitals For Children • Springfield, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Shriners Hospitals for Children is seeking a PRN Inpatient Pharmacist who ensures patient medication needs are met and compliant with all regulatory requirements. Will have demonstrated knowledge of pediatric pharmaceutical services and provides Pharmaceutical care for infant, toddler, preschool, school age and young adult patients in accordance with overall patient care plan and the mission of the hospital.
• Assesses therapeutic appropriateness of drug regimens. Validates that drug allergy status is documented for every patient being managed on the inpatient care unit. Participates in patient planning meetings such as team meeting and rounds with interdisciplinary team members.
• Processes all orders/requests accurately and efficiently, verifying appropriateness of all drugs in reference to the patient's diagnosis, weight, allergies during order entry.
• Performs medication reconciliation processes on admission and post-operatively, and supports medication reconciliation at discharge as needed.
• Identifies, intervenes, and assures resolution of drug therapy problems such as therapeutic duplication, appropriateness of dose, schedule, route of administration, order entry errors, allergies, etc. Identifies and anticipates treatment-induced problems and adverse drug reactions, documents these problems and reactions, develops monitoring parameters, and recommends cost-effective therapeutic plans to assure resolution of treatment-induced problems.
• Prepares intravenous admixtures, other sterile products, extemporaneous & bulk compounds, unit dose packages. Fills physician orders, medication carts, crash carts, anesthesia carts, & floor stock areas.
• Collects and shares sufficient pertinent patient information with appropriate care providers to support
clinical decision making. Communicates medication information to MD as appropriate.
• Provides appropriate drug information to clinical staff, patients & families as required. Demonstrates
knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-appropriate pharmaceutical service to patients.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Doctorate of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy preferred. Current MA Pharmacy licensure; two (2) years experience required.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including a 403b retirement savings plan with a match, medical, dental, vision insurance, on-site parking and more!