You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Junior Staff Accountants can expect to: prepare spreadsheets and update databases, while maintaining accuracy, completeness, conforming to standards, and performing under deadlines. The position will assist in drafting and preparing project deliverables and support the team in all facets of everyday project production. Junior Staff Accountants will analyze information and documents to assist Staff and Senior Accountants in account statement analysis, financial document analysis, lease analysis, ownership determination, and recommended action proposal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual must have the ability to learn techniques and processes related to document search, document analysis, and verification of Indian trust ownership and develop the ability to put into writing the recommendation for distribution of the funds.
- Assist in the production of Recommended Action Forms (RAF), financial, and supporting documents for approval to BIA agency to distribute residuals.
- Assist Senior Accountant Project Lead in planning for distributions, field contacts, and field visits.
- Update databases as needed for tracking, documents, offsets, and distributions.
- Establish and maintain contact with personnel in Lenexa for questions of document types and document requests.
- Entry of requests for documents into DaRT for Youpee and SDA searches at the AIRR.
- Maintain all files, boxes and cabinets in an orderly and logical format.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with BIA, BTFA and OTAR business partners and clients that promote the functionality of the project as a whole.
- Must have the ability to meet project deadlines with the flexibility in changing project direction and able to travel.
- Maintain all files, boxes and cabinets in an orderly and logical format.
- There are no position(s) that report to this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Alternative: Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related with 2+ years of experience in an accounting or finance related field.
- Years of Experience: 0-2 years’ experience, depending on education (see above)
- Fields of Experience: entry level accounting or finance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Junior Staff Accountants must possess the following additional skillsets:
- Basic accounting principles and practices (debit/credit, transactions)
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to travel on a limited basis, as required.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screening.
- Cherokee Federal is a Native American Preference Employer
- The Contractor agrees to give preference to Indians who can perform the work required regardless of age (subject to existing laws and regulations), sex, religion, or tribal affiliation for training and employment opportunities under this contract and, to the extent feasible consistent with the efficient performance of this contract, training and employment preferences and opportunities shall be provided to Indians regardless of age (subject to existing laws and regulations), sex, religion, or tribal affiliation who are not fully qualified to perform under this contract.
- Office environment in a secured federal facility and remote work required. Some travel may be required. During COVID closures, employees are expected to provide a suitable work environment with adequate connectivity to enable expected productivity and seamless collaboration.
- Pursuant to U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, Cherokee Federal is now requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8th and going forward. Prospective employees will fall under this requirement and proof of vaccination will be required for on-boarding, should you be selected. Limited exemptions for religious or medical reasons will be considered.
- TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
About the Team
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Junior Staff Accountant for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at Click here to apply to Junior Staff Accountant" target="_blank" rel="noopener">[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Junior Staff Accountant.
Please do not send email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.