We would like to invite you to an upcoming virtual career event. During this event you will learn about employment aboard out US Flagged Ship the Pride of America. Please see event specific information below:
Register to event here: URL blocked - click to apply
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
2pm EASTERN Standard Time (Miami, FL time)
- If you are in a different time zone, make sure to know what the time difference will be. You should sign-in 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the presentation. Type in your full name.
- Plan on having earphone/ headset for use
- It is a requirement to watch the entire presentation to be considered for an interview, allot for 1-2 hours as on screen interviews will immediately follow the 45 minute presentation
Attend event here from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
URL blocked - click to apply
** If using a tablet or smartphone, you will need to download the "ZOOM Cloud Meetings" App
Benefits of Working at Sea
-You can save $$$!! (bi-weekly pay / direct deposit).
-Room & board is covered. Flights & transportation are covered.
-Linens, towels , uniforms & laundry service are provided.
-Opportunity to live and work in a multi-cultural environment.
-Internal opportunities to advance your career.
-You will gain invaluable life skills while working at
Norwegian Cruise Line is currently looking for energetic, hospitality-minded professionals with both recent and relevant experience in one of the following categories:
-Utility - Janitorial in Galley (Dishwasher) & Hotel
ABOUT PRIDE OF AMERICA
Inaugurated in 2005, Pride of America is the first US-flagged cruise ship in nearly fifty years.
Pride of America was designed to pay homage to the spirit of the United States, with patriotic artwork on the hull and American-themed public spaces.
She is currently the only American registered major cruise ship serving the Hawaiian market from Honolulu, sailing to Kahului (Maui), Lahaina (Maui), and Nawiliwili (Kauai).
Because she is flagged in the United States, Pride of America is required to carry a US crew. There are 935 crew employed on Pride of America.
Come join our team!
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATED CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS(GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- You must have a GED or High School Diploma
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.