Job Title: Program Finance Analyst
Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Job Description: Our client, a large defense contractor, has an immediate opening for a Program Finance Analyst to work from their Annapolis Junction, Maryland facility. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates financial information associated with the program (s) or department forecasts and cost pools for budget, forecast, pricing, planning, invoicing and control
- Monitors actual costs of program and compares to budgeted costs to identify and understand variances Interprets data to determine present and future financial performance
- Develop and maintain estimates to complete / estimates at complete
- Performs month end close activities for assigned programs
- Performs studies and summarizes recommendations related to investment/business opportunities, future trends and impact of governmental requirements/financial regulations
- This is the intermediate level in a field of specialization
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Clearance Requirements: Clearance is preferred but not required. At minimum the candidate must be "clearable ". Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time.. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective and clear communication and presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mission Systems Finance systems
- Considerable knowledge of Earned Value methodology and basic knowledge of Earned Value Management systems
- In-depth understanding of internal financial practices in General Ledger Accounting, Rates and Compliance, and Cost Proposal, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and Travel functions
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Excel, MSWord, MS PowerPoint, Hyperion and Essbase
- Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze data and reconcile financial accounts
- Considerable knowledge of Truth In Negotiations Act, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulation, General Dynamics Systems and policies, government accounting, Long Term Accounting for Government contracts, Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Considerable knowledge of revenue recognition practices
- Team Process skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and Hyperion Planning are a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills is preferred - knowledge of formulas (e.g. vlookups), pivot tables, etc.
Use Statistical Method