Please note: This is a 100% phone support role.
One of our top client has an immediate need for an IT Service Desk that would be the first point of contact for coworkers experiencing IT issues. The Technician assists internal employees in resolving and/or troubleshooting IT problems over the phone or via e-mail. For complex issues, this role identifies the appropriate IT group to provide specific resolution support and escalates the case, as necessary.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first point of service technical IT support to the entire CDW workforce.
- Resolve system issues including coordination between users and other IT personnel.
- Escalate complex issues to senior level support specialists.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment.
- Simulate or recreate user issues to better understand and resolve reported problems.
- Evaluate system configurations and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize outstanding issues.
- Identify the nature of the issue and appropriate escalation team(s).
- Follow established procedures on daily work, occasionally utilizing best judgment when applicable.
- A+ certified preferred.
- 1 year of Service Desk/Help Desk or related technical experience.
- 2 years of IT Help Desk or related technical enterprise experience preferred.
- HDI Certification a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products (Windows 10 and Office 365 required)
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and hardware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours when necessary for special installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Typing speed of ?= 60wpm.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow preferred.
Installations (Computer Systems)