As an Environmental Services Assistant, you will perform cleaning and related services to patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining a well-groomed appearance in all areas. Similar duties as Janitor or Housekeeper for commercial area.
- Cleans patient care areas, surgical areas, public/private restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies, offices, elevators, and stairwells.
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including ceilings and vents, walls, doors, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, and windows. Assists in cleaning emergency spills as requested.
- Dusts and damp mops floors in patient and exam rooms, corridors, stairwells, restrooms, and other areas of the facility.
- Replaces cubicle and window coverings.
- Gathers and disposes recyclables, trash, and medical waste. Collects hazardous trash following established infection control guidelines.
- Sorts, stocks and delivers linens. Gathers and prepares soiled linen for transportation.
- Cleans and prepares dismissal and transfer units and certain equipment used in the care of patients and distributes non-medical supplies to specific areas.
- Fills and cleans supply dispensers.
- Inventories linens, cleaning supplies and paper supplies and orders additional in a timely and cost effective manner. Keeps housekeeping closet organized and clean.
- Reports any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- No experience required. No formal education required.
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions and communicate with others.
- Ability to work alone and to understand the physical arrangements of the facilities.
- Performs tasks without disrupting operations of the doctors, nurses, patients, public, and other staff.
- Ability to set priorities, be aware of and follow department policies and procedures in all situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We have a 1st shift .5 FTE position (40 hours per pay period) position at our Aurora Lakeland Hospital in Elkhorn and one at our Aurora Burlington Hospital (weekend and holiday rotation). These are benefit eligible.
We also have 2 positions at our Aurora Burlington Hospital - one every other weekend and assigned holidays.
Please apply here or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Nursing Assistant