SmartSource has a customer in need of a Technical Writer for a contract opportunity in Fort Worth, TX.
Job Type: 4-6 month contract
Location: Fort Worth, TX 76179
Compensation: Open, please submit hourly rate along with resume
· Technical writer will be required to prepare instruction manuals, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
· Customer needs resource to be onsite 50% of the time to go through their procedures and documentation to clean them up and load them into Service Desk +.
· Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
· Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
· Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
· Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
· Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
· Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
· You may also be creating new documentation in some IT areas.
· MUST have to have broad IT knowledge.
· Strong Operations experience for Desktop Support, but also Infrastructure Support.
· Proven experience working in a technical writing position
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
· Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking