In your role as a Store Manager, at Alaska Commercial Company (ACC), you bring your high-level retail experience and excitement to lead and develop a team, and make a difference, at ACC. As a Store Manager, you’re a hands-on manager of our store operations, and you possess strong organizational and delegation skills.
Joining ACC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
ACC is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was truly more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then-owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: URL blocked - click to apply
- Achieve budgeted sales, gross profit and expense lines within each department and total store;
- Analyze competitor’s strengths and weakness and communicate to head office;
Establish and maintain a favorable store and corporate community relations;
- Enforce company policies and procedures in all aspects of the organization, and ensure all personnel understand/ comply with all state and federal rules, regulations, and laws;
- Ensure meeting the store and equipment maintenance standards to maximize operating efficiency and preserve the security of all corporate assets;
- Meet maintenance standards for the store and equipment to maximize operating efficiency and preserve the security of all corporate assets;
- Select, train, supervise, evaluate and develop all department supervisors and key personnel to ensure their attainment of a high level of productivity; and
- Conduct daily and weekly walkthrough/meetings with all department supervisors and key personnel to determine any necessary action to maintain/elevate store standards.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Store Manager or General Manager role in a high-level grocery/ retail environment;
- Degree in retail, business, or marketing-related field is an asset;
- You’re happy to take on responsibility as a good team leader and remain calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- Your approachable demeanour makes you a fantastic team leader and mentor;
- You effectively prioritize duties and pay close attention to detail, aiding your strength in overseeing stock control and receiving orders;
- You’re innovative, creative, commercial, and dynamic with high levels of enthusiasm to succeed, strengthening your ability to communicate at all levels;
- You drive a culture that empowers your colleagues to strive for excellence for their customers, and you know how to make changes quickly and effectively; and
- You're a role model to your colleagues and community.
Location: Sitka, AK
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.