Speech Therapists Needed- Full Time Position Working with Children
Immediate Brooklyn Position
Under general direction, is responsible for providing speech and language assessment and therapy of students pursuant to the Individualized Family Service Plan, Individual Education Plan or Interim Individual Education Plan. Participates in consultative process with parents and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Speech and Language Pathologist will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides speech and language assessment and evaluation to determine student's developmental level and needs
- Analyzes test results and prepares written summary to Early Intervention, CPSE, CSE and other regulatory, referring or oversight organization.
- Plans and conducts speech and language interventions in accordance with established goals.
- Implements testing procedures to evaluate and monitor student progress as required by appropriate regulatory agency.
- Provides written report of results to EVCPSE/CSE.
- Assesses oral motor development and ability to intake food orally.
- Develops a treatment plan appropriate to identified disabilities.
- Keeps abreast of latest alternative communication techniques.
- Implements appropriate utilization of AAC devices.
- Maintains daily and monthly attendance records and progress notes.
- Provides therapy progress reports to parents/guardians and appropriate team members.
- Meets and communicates with parents/guardians regularly in writing or verbally.
- Participates in team meetings and case conferences as required.
- Ensures individuals receive services appropriate to their needs and consistent with educational goals and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in Initial Evaluation and Intake processes.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides supervision to students and CFY's as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Good interpersonal skills are required in order to interact effectively with employees, coworkers, consumers, their families, other programs, outside contacts, etc.
- Must maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication, Picture Exchange Communication and manual language preferred.
- Ability to use personal computers, electronic devices, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's Degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
One year of prior Speech Therapy experience preferred
- Current NY State license in Speech and Language Pathology
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency required
- NYSED Certification as a TSHH or TSSLD is required
Very competitive salary + Benefits!
For more information and to schedule an interview, please contact:
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
5824 12th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11219
718-302-0040 ext. 204