LOOKING FOR THAT UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO UTILIZE YOUR MECHANICAL APTITUDE, EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND COMPETITIVE DESIRE TO SUCCEED?? LOOKING FOR A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN ESTABLISH NEW RELATIONSHIPS, SOLIDIFY EXISTING ONES AND EXPAND THE CUSTOMER BASE IN A DEFINED TERRITORY??
WE'RE LOOKING FOR THAT UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL WHO WANTS TO CONTINUE TO EXPAND ON THEIR TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, TRAIN IN OUR VARIOUS PRODUCT LINES AND HAVE THEIR EARNINGS POTENTIAL TIED DIRECTLY TO THEIR EFFORTS.
About Carotek, Inc. (www.carotek.com)
With over 160 highly trained employees, Carotek is recognized as one of the country’s strongest and most respected providers of products and services to meet the demands of a complex, high tech cross-industry market. We offer a dynamic and exciting work environment, with competitive salaries, incentive programs, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are recognized as one of the country's strongest engineering level agents, distributors and value-added fabricators. From the simple to the complex, we offer a broad scope of products and services in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, valve, pump and steam specialties to the industrial, commercial and municipal markets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia.
Our mechanical and electrical shops are designed to custom build and integrate complex process skids. We continue to strive for product improvement and value engineer these packages for better cost and product enhancement.
Carotek also is an affirmative action employer committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status.
We're always on the lookout for highly talented and highly motivated people to help us continue our hard-earned reputation for quality and service excellence. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Carotek has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply as they become available.
This position is responsible for executing sales strategy and initiating contact with existing and potential customers in a specified territory for the sale of Carotek mechanical equipment including pumps, blowers, heat exchangers and services. Acting as a consultative business partner, problem solver, trusted advisor and technical expert in the application of our products, the person in this position will assist customers in the application of the products and services to meet their needs resulting in revenue generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Covering the territory of Knoxville/Chattanooga, TN and northern Georgia, the person in this position will
- Call on end-users such as engineers, technicians and supervisory personnel in Industrial accounts providing process solutions and application advice on our products, specifically rotating equipment;
- Call on architectural and engineering firms who service our end-user customer base conducting informational training sessions on our products and their application;
- Establish effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and confidence in applying our products;
- Grow territory by increasing penetration of existing accounts and developing new accounts;
- Review specifications, application requirements and other documents and works closely with Inside Sales for preparation of resulting quotations;
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and closes sales in a professional and effective manner;
- Provide technical support for customers in the proper use, operation and maintenance of our equipment;
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning for the assigned territory;
- Maintain CRM database,
- Maintain strong principal relationships;
- Attend factory training sessions and trade shows for products represented;
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of competitive activity, industry trends, new products and other general information of interest to customers;
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers and others in a professional and courteous manner;
- Conform with all safety rules and uses appropriate safety equipment, if any.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Presentation Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Creative Problem Solving Skills/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
Other Required Skills
- Ability to multi-task various activities with shifting priorities;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and product specifications;
- Ability to identify critical decision makers within customer organizations;
- Ability to recognize customer's needs beyond the stated or obvious;
- Ability to work in a professional manner with individuals from varying backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working primarily out of the home, this job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job at a customer’s site, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat. The noise level in these work environments may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl at the customer's site. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and there is some flexibility in the hours allowed but individuals in this position typically work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is up to 75% of the time and primarily local during the business day, although occasional travel is expected which may require overnight stays and weekends. Ability to transport self to various facility sites as required. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Associates degree in a technical field or business concentration; 4+ years’ experience in combination of Outside or Inside Sales, preferably selling pumps, blowers, vacuum pump products or other process equipment for industrial application and with a proven track record of success; Inside Sales and/or Field Service work a plus.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel and CRM.
Preferred Education and Experience
Advanced training in sales techniques.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction for an indefinite period of time.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veterans Employer
Carotek, Inc. utilizes e-Verify, conducts background checks to include MVR, if applicable, and drug screens.