To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3445 Box Hill Corporate Center Drive
Abingdon, MD 21009
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. • Abingdon, MD
Posted 15 hours ago
Morris & Ritchie Associates, Inc. / Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. are seeking a Junior Accountant for our corporate office in Abingdon, MD. The primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
Payroll functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee weekly timesheet entry and approvals
- Process biweekly payroll using Fidelity e-Workplace payroll software
- Reconcile payroll per Fidelity to the general ledger package and prepare associated journal entry
- Maintain/reconcile all payroll related general ledger accounts
- Upload and submit payments to third-party provider websites (ex. HSA/FSA plans)
- Maintain employee PTO balances and reconcile internal records to Fidelity payroll
- Oversee state and local tax withholding compliance for approximately seven states
- Act as point-of-contact for payroll software-related issues
- Provide various reports as needed by management and accounting department
- Coordinate with multiple state agencies to request and/or maintain state IDs
- Point of contact for workers compensation audits
Accounting Assistant functions include:
- Monthly Bank reconciliations and recurring journal entries
- Maintain/reconcile various general and subsidiary ledgers
- Process data uploads from external sources to accounting software weekly
- Various financial projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or similar field
- 1+ Years’ experience in bookkeeping, payroll processing, or similar role preferred
- Command of MS Office software
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Dependable with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Display strong attention to detail and an ability to focus under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of state and local withholding compliance for Mid-Atlantic region a plus