Location: Saginaw, Michigan
The Applications Engineer will be accountable to evaluate customer requests and site drawings, to ensure the fit and function of our product. The application engineer will provide in-depth technical knowledge for all of our products in presales and post-sales roles. You will provide sales drawings in Solid Edge Works and provide a review of specifications specs to support the sales estimating and bidding processes.
You will be a part of the product team and oversee equipment designs for fit and function. You will collaborate with R&D when new products are to be transferred into production to ensure that our standards are kept and captured for reference. You will communicate with our customers and manufacturer's representatives to ensure that we have whole and complete information. You will be accountable to meet the product group standards, as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Listen to the needs of our customers and apply the correct equipment that will meet their needs.
- Understanding of Wastewater, Storm water processes and various industrial processes.
- Accountable for the timely, detailed review of customer specifications to accurately support sales in bidding projects. Applying our application protocols, while assessing the needs of the project and coordinating information with other subject matter experts internally.
- Ensure our design standards are kept on track through all phases of our projects.
- As a subject matter expert (SME) you will be required to problem solve, learn new concepts and contribute sound application engineering to the company’s products and processes.
- Sales drawings turned around in 2-5 days (as required to support Sales), all drawings are to be delivered on time, consistent to DC standards, within budgeted hours and customer requirements.
- Attend handoff meetings at receipt of PO and release to engineering; must support project application prior to submittal release as required to meet customer/DC Schedules.
- Shall have in-depth knowledge of pricing, labor, alternative materials, marketing objectives & sales process.
- Will follow all standards/processes as designated by the company’s QC, ERP, and other process controls.