Sirius Technical Services is hiring a Project Scheduler for a long term assignment for a large Shipyard in Mobile, Alabama.
• The Project Scheduler is responsible for maintaining and analyzing the schedule for a vessel.
• Integrate all aspects of the program from Engineering, Material, Production, Subcontracting,Testing, final acceptance, and delivery.
• Responsible for the creation of the Project Baseline Schedule by ensuring that all labor and material dollar activities are correctly scheduled and resource loaded
to create an Integrated Schedule.
• Responsible for the accuracy of the monthly BAR process for a project.
• Ensures that progress is accurately entered each week.
• Oversees the schedule health metrics to ensure schedule is in compliance with Government requirements.
• Responsible for review and analysis of manning requirements for their assigned project.
• Works with vessel Project Manager and Craft Management to provide schedule
and manning information to manage the construction of the vessel.
• Responsible for the ongoing training of Production Control department
• A minimum of 4 years progressive experience or demonstrable ability (supporting Weekly and Monthly Reporting, supporting Weekly and Monthly Baseline Maintenance, leading the overall scheduling effort on a project to maintain and manage the project and experience with creating the Baseline Schedule) with Primavera scheduling software.
• This position requires a strong background in Earned Value Management (EVMS) and knowledge of the EIA-ANSI 748A standard to ensure overall
schedule adherence, schedule effectiveness, and system compliance.
• Able to support the scheduling department in preparation of project Government meetings.
• Candidate must possess a thorough understanding of planning/scheduling principles, practices, and techniques to ensure the effective use of Project
• Familiarity with MILL 881 Handbook – WBS structure
• Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word and Excel)
• Process-oriented, customer service-driven, problem solver, self-starter, team player.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented and able to resolve most daily issues without specific supervisory direction.
• High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a minimum of five (5) years related experience in a related manufacturing industry preferred. College degree and shipbuilding industry experience preferred.
• Must be able to train and mentor Junior members of the Department.
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving