The Woodlands is our 4-story Assisted Living Building, located in a "park-like" setting.
We are looking for an expert in Assisted Living.
Experience counts + ability to supervise staff.
Accountable for organizing, developing, leading and executing the overall operation of the assisted living department to ensure our client’s “best life” and an engaged and highly effective team. Conduct all duties and responsibilities in accordance with department and Cantata’s policies and procedures, current federal, state and facility standards, guidelines and regulations governing our Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: This description is intended to identify the basic responsibilities and requirements of this job classification and does not prevent the assignment of other job-related duties. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodation.
1. Performs all duties in accordance with the Cantata Promise, treating every person (client, fellow employee-partner, general community member) with respect, integrity, and compassion. Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Cantata Adult Life Services.
2. Responsible for the safety and well-being of all Cantata assisted living clients including timely and routine assessments based on regulations and organization policy.
3. Accountable for creating and maintaining clinical records, including but not limited to, assessments, service plans, medication records and general charting, and effectively communicating to all relevant parties according to Cantata’s policies and procedures and assisted living regulations.
4. Responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with residents and their responsible party to ensure open communication and collaboration.
5. Responsible for ensuring safe oversight of medication management according to Cantata’s policies and procedures and assisted living regulations.
6. Maintains necessary records to successfully retain community licensure with IDPH. Lead the annual survey process.
7. Responsible for proactively interacting, as a member of the management team, with the Campus Director and other departments to promote cohesive teamwork that ensures the well-being of the residents and employee-partners.
8. Responds, in a timely manner, to all clients, responsible parties, vendors and staff.
9. Responsible for staff management including hiring, supervising, coaching, retaining and terminating in accordance with Cantata’s policies and procedures.
10. Works collaboratively and cooperatively with central scheduler to create and maintain and adequate staff schedule.
11. Conducts pre-admission assessments of prospects to determine assisted living appropriateness and level of service required and communicates information to staff and billing department.
12. Remains knowledgeable of all clients’ needs and abilities and adjust resident service plan and staff work plan as needed.
13. Participates actively with the sales team to foster and maintain relationships with hospitals, community agencies, and other referral sources.
Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
14. Presents in-services, meetings and educational training that develops and maintains an effective skill set for all staff in accordance with department and Cantata’s policies and procedures and, federal, state, and local regulation.
15. Consistently demonstrates an ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner.
16. Performs tasks/duties and utilize forms in accordance with Cantata’s policies and procedures.
Assisted Living Coordinator
Ø Minimum two years supervisory/management experience, including hiring, coaching, performance management, employee relations and supervision of daily operations in assisted living or long term care. Registered Nurse with current Illinois license preferred.
Ø Must have a minimum of one (5) years of experience in providing direct services to the elderly.
Ø Current CPR certification.
Ø Must have strong organizational skills and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Ø Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Ø Ability and willingness to create and uphold harmony within a team environment.
Ø Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with a diverse group of people both inside and outside the organization.
Ø Must possess the ability to deal diplomatically and tactfully with personnel, residents/patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Ø Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Ø Aptitude for detail work.
Ø Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications- Experience with EHR preferred. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the company.
B. Contact with Others
Extensive contact with residents on a daily basis. Daily contact with all levels of personnel within the company. Some interaction with resident’s family members, community contacts, vendors and suppliers.
C. Delegation of Authority
As Assisted Living Coordinator you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
D. Responsibility for Accuracy
Omission or incorrect data may lead to an incorrect admission decision and a decrease in productivity departmentally. It may also lead to financial liabilities on the part of Cantata.
E. Responsibility for Confidential Data
Employees are required to safeguard sensitive information. Sensitive information includes, but shall not be limited to, personnel files, information concerning Cantata’s former and current residents/customers, medical and health information and Cantata’s information systems including but not limited to the Internet and E-mail. Information must be safeguarded in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state and company standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility
F. Physical Requirements/Working Condition
Ø Must meet general health requirements as set forth by this company.
Ø Will be on call for staff support and resident emergencies.
Ø Works in residents’ rooms and areas designated for assessments.
Ø May be requested to work beyond normal working hours which may include weekends and holidays when necessary.
Ø Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post disaster, etc.).
Ø Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and climbs stairs, as needed to conduct assessment activities.
Ø Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty pounds.
Ø May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
G. Exposure Classification
Ø Job duties are classified as Category I (routine contact with blood, body fluids or tissues).
Ø No exposure to hazardous chemicals.