To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6801 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Case Worker
Valley Community Healthcare • North Hollywood, CA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For nearly 50 years, Valley Community Healthcare has been one of Los Angeles’ leading
community-based health centers, providing primary care and promoting community wellness and prevention programs. Located in the San Fernando Valley, Valley Community Healthcare has two sites and 30+ providers. We are an NCQA certified-level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home for over 25,000 unique patients and provided over 100,000 medical visits last year. We are looking to grow and integrate our core programs - primary care, pediatrics, adolescent teen clinic, women’s health, dental, optometry, and behavioral health, through a care team approach, quality, and innovative care delivery models.
Applications: Valley Community Healthcare offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Please submit a resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The purpose of this position is to work within an integrated system of care between primary care and mental health, ensuring that patients seeking medical services are screened for mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and substance use, and provide assistance in navigating the systems of care (internal and with community partners).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Ensure that new patients and as appropriate, returning patients complete required screening tools;
· Score tools and enter results into EHR.
· Perform brief consultation with patients with high scores during their medical visit;
· Work closely with medical providers and care team to intervene with patients needing immediate consults;
· Perform triage services, crisis intervention, case management, referrals and follow-up as required;
· Develop a collaborative relationship with primary care providers;
· Participate in care team huddles and weekly clinical team meetings.
- Participate in clinical supervision meetings;
- Complete all required documentation by the end of each day.
- Manage the department’s referrals by systematically enrolling and scheduling patients for mental health services, as designated by the payer source.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
· One year social work experience in a medical or mental health setting (either through direct employment or via practicum).
· Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and bi-cultural.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work within a team
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Must be familiar and have the ability to work within an Electronic Health Records system.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Duties are performed primarily in an clinical setting
· Work requires periods of walking, sitting, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly.
· Ability to work productively within space used by multiple employees.
· Ability to write notes, track and graph records and reports.
· Ability to relate well with patients and exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
· Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend.
· Ability to work with personal computer.
· Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
*Responsibilities and tasks outline in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OUR MISSION: To make an impact on the health and well-being of the whole community by providing high quality primary medical care and comprehensive healthcare services to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.