To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Modesto, CA
- Linda Valdez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinician/Clinician Trainee - Public School Based
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Modesto, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready to help ensure our Commitment to Caring? We are a not-for-profit with a mission to assist children, youth, adults and families by empowering and supporting them in becoming stronger and healthier individuals, families, and communities.
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
We are currently looking for two Clinician/Clinician Trainee's who are ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Clinician/Clinician Trainee in our Public School Based Program you will be providing counseling, classroom and family support to students in schools. You wil also provide individual and family counseling as well as social skills training. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of Counseling Psychology and Social Work.
- Knowledge of biological, behavioral and environmental aspects of emotional disturbances, mental disability, retardation or substance abuse.
- Be conversant in the philosophy, techniques and language of a comprehensive therapeutic program, and a thorough understanding of the agency’s treatment philosophy.
- Ability to communicate ideas in oral and written form.
- Physical capability to restrain children, lift over 20 pounds and engage in physical activity including various sports, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Physical, emotional and mental health adequate to perform duties.
- Ability to work in a harmonious manner with supervisors, co-workers, professionals, and others.
- Effectively use de-escalation skills and techniques for crisis prevention.
- Carry full time caseload of public school based clientele.
- Develop and maintain cooperative, constructive relationships with clients and client families.
- Provide therapy for school based youth including milieu, individual, group and family.
- Knowledge of crisis management and steps to take in a crisis, including child abuse and psychiatric hospitalization.
- Ability to provide appropriate referral information to clients as needed.
- Keep comprehensive clinical records which meet standards and education for Stanislaus County Department of Mental Health, including but not limited to
- Client care plan.
- Medical history.
- Progress note.
- Discharge summaries.
- Legal focus.
Possess and demonstrate a high professional ethical character, including but not limited to:
- Recognizing the impact that the therapist has on the client in a therapeutic situation and use of that knowledge to further therapeutic goals.
- Abide by all ethical and legal standards regarding client's rights to confidentiality.
- Maintenance of all clinical records in a legal manner.
- Decide appropriate treatment focus and methods without clinical supervision.
- Integrate a number of clinical approaches into a treatment program/plan and work within a team concept.
- Must implement program goals and objectives to meet and maintain contractual requirements and productivity.
- BBS registration, licenses, credentials or like certifications must remain active and valid with their governing entity.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or utilize the chain of command if supervisor is not available.
- Report any suspected dependent adult/elder abuse immediately to direct supervisor or utilize the chain of command if supervisor is not available.
- Coordinate with teaching staff regarding clients and treatment plans/goals/objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to teaching staff regarding treatment.
- Provides clinical leadership, training, and consultation to the treatment team.
- Serves as community liaison and case manager for placement workers, professional and community resources, parents and significant others. Keeps parents and placement workers apprised of student crises and program changes. Acts as liaison to provide continuity of care as needed.
- Attend, facilitate and/or participate in all required treatment meetings including treatment reviews, special staffing, and IEP’s.
- See "clinical work" regarding clinical records.
- Incident reports to be used in the event of runaways, accidents, containments or severe property damage.
- Filling out of child abuse report forms as necessary.
- Timely submission of all hours to direct supervisor.
- Other record keeping as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as necessary,
- Attend clinical team meetings, and prepare cases for presentation in a clear, comprehensive manner.
- Ordering of necessary therapeutic materials.
- Everyone who works in the organization has responsibilities for preventing and controlling infection.
- Other assigned duties.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following: Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling/ Social Work, Welfare; Counseling Psychology, or related field required. Must be license eligible.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Sound personal qualifications (i.e., maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health).
- A genuine caring of and commitment to the clients of Sierra Vista Children’s Center.
- Ability to work with multicultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with less than 2 minor moving violations.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.