To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linda Valdez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
3 Clinician/Clinician Trainee - Public School Based
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Modesto, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready to help ensure our Commitment to Caring? We are a not-for-profit with a mission to assist children, youth, adults and families by empowering and supporting them in becoming stronger and healthier individuals, families, and communities.
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
We are currently looking for three Clinician/Clinician Trainee's who are ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Clinician/Clinician Trainee in our Public School Based Program you will be providing counseling, classroom and family support to students in schools. You will also provide individual and family counseling as well as social skills training. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of counseling psychology and social work.
2. Knowledge of positive discipline techniques and working with difficult children. (Hughes Bill)
3. Must be able to develop effective counseling relationships and apply psychological principals to modify behavior.
4. Ability to communicate ideas in oral and written form.
5. Physical capability to restrain children, lift over 20 pounds and engage in physical activities including: various sports, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, reaching, etc.
6. Physical and mental health adequate to perform duties.
7. Ability to work in a harmonious manner with supervisor,
co-workers, professionals, and others.
1. Counseling for children and their families in the Public School Based program under the supervision of the Program Supervisor.
2. Actively supervise general car and safety of students and instruct their program participation by providing a consistent, nurturing environment with clear expectations and limits.
3. Assist in the development and implementation of positive behavioral interventions and in the implementation of service plan goals.
4. Assist in team approach to planning and implementing program needs of recreational, skills building and community integration activities.
5. Participate in supporting student’s progress through attending groups, treatment reviews, special staffing and all forms of documentation.
6. Provision of individual, group and family counseling for each child in accordance with the treatment plan.
7. Maintain frequent and consistent contact with other agencies involved with the child/family.
8. Meet with school personnel to assess and plan for child’s attendance at all school meetings such as student study team and IEP’s.
9. Participate with discharge planning.
10. Maintain detailed records of significant contacts, incidents, meetings, groups, individual, and family sessions.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as necessary,
- Attend clinical team meetings, and prepare cases for presentation in a clear, comprehensive manner.
- Ordering of necessary therapeutic materials.
- Everyone who works in the organization has responsibilities for preventing and controlling infection.
- Other assigned duties.
1. Master’s degree or Master’s in progress from an accredited college or university in one of the following: Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling/Social Work, Welfare; Counseling Psychology, or related field preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
3. Experience in a clinical setting.
4. Sound personal qualifications (i.e. maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health).
5. A genuine caring of and commitment to the clients of Sierra Vista Children’s Center.
6. Ability to work with multicultural backgrounds.
7. Bilingual preferred.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.