Human Resource (HR) / People Operations Manager
Are you someone who enjoys a challenge, who enjoys change, and someone who can see the broader vision and purpose without getting bogged down by the day-to-day hurdles? The Human Resource (HR) / People Operations Manager is responsible for spearheading HR in a company that barely has any groundwork, and the groundwork we do have might be wrong and need to be replaced. There will be tremendous challenges ahead so we need someone with perseverance, dedication, experience and ownership. You must know how to prioritize, execute and use radical candor. If you feel like you can fill this role, then please apply today!
· As Head of People Operations, you will be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain our team. You will be an advocate for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow effectively. In this role you will be responsible for all HR related activities.
· You will be responsible for helping us build and support an exceptional group of people and you will need to build a People Operations team that can scale and support the company as it grows.
· Partner with all areas of the company to help our teams build and support their organizations. This will involve driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues and manage programs that help develop staff.
· This position is a key strategic role in the company helping to grow the business and allowing us to build a unique and strong people oriented culture.
· It will require you to identify organizational gaps and opportunities; build the strategy to take action; strategize how we scale and shape our organizational cultures; implement the strategies to promote cross-functional alignment to a unified corporate vision; cultivate top-down and bottom-up approach and engagement from the entire organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Voice of the Company
· Understand employee experience and the kind of culture we want to build. Conduct focus groups and lead engagement surveys.
· Develop core values the whole company could support.
· Institute leadership practices to give employees clearer goals, more feedback and better career development.
· Leader Roundtables - bring in outside speakers, audience members and guidance from our own employees.
· Junior Leader workshops - exercises, curriculum, training, case studies, etc.
- Focus on every part of this journey, from recruiting and onboarding to career development, coaching, mentoring and retention.
- Design function-specific programs to improve every part of the employee experience.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships across the business; conduct regular meetings and develop trusted relationships with various business department leads.
Oversee and manage complex employee-relations issues, while simultaneously coaching the relevant managers on best practices.
- Manage our People offboarding program, including exit interviews; work with managers to give meaningful insights to help build loyalty and retention.
- Build strong relationships with non-managers and act as their trusted advisor on career and employment topics.
- Oversee the day-to-day employee experience, events and office management.
- Propose and design programs to enable efficient scaling and people development, including: analysis of on-boarding/exit interviews, conducting employee surveys, and running appropriate employee workshops.
- Bachelors’ degree
- 3 - 7 years of HR experience in a growing, progressive role
- HR Certifications are a huge plus
- Must understand business goals, market trends and must partner internally for strategic retainment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)