Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence, the Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for the execution of strategic initiatives and capability building as part of the Operational Excellence program for Sterigenics. The position will work collaboratively with employees and the management team to implement operational improvements that focus on improving quality, productivity, labor, and cost saving efficiencies. This role will serve as a change agent for developing and encouraging a culture that is driven by safety, discipline, transparency, and accountability.
The Manager will assist in executing strategic performance analysis, gap assessment, opportunity identification and change implementation for critical processes across the organization, to deliver a scalable and sustainable best in class operations environment for the business.
She or he will facilitate cross-functional initiatives for mapping process flow paths, gathering and analyzing process data to identify root cause problems, identifying areas of process improvements, and use of process techniques to develop solutions to improve and enable measurable results in process efficiency, customer satisfaction, product quality that drives higher productivity and an increase in profitable growth.
- Deploy the best practices across all business units, and geographies
- Identify opportunities that will benefit customers to drive standardization, automation and profitably
- Create, communicate and support strategies aimed at changing behaviors, without disrupting the legacy of success within the sites themselves. Understand inherent cultures, motivation and action
- Act as a champion and change agent for driving positive culture change and improving operational efficiencies while deploying new techniques and tactics
- Develop and manage a monthly report of KPIs, identifying critical issues and action plans to attack problems.
- Provide external benchmarking, industry best practice identification, evaluation, and adoption plans
- Lead cross-training initiatives, aimed at broadening the overall knowledge of the business, while fostering team building, and improved individual growth and performance
- Develop, maintain and ensure regulatory compliance with procedures and metrics that impact quality, safety, process and productivity improvements throughout the company
Professional and Cultural Characteristics
- Strong business acumen
- A “spark in the eyes” team player, cooperative, unselfish, Thinks company-wide, not departmentally, who can work easily and synergistically with other functional departments
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate details, into concise and understandable facts, numbers, and actionable items
- Must be a change agent, never satisfied with the status quo. Initiates action, overcomes obstacles, make progress and drive a process or project from start to finish as an individual or within a team to achieve acceptable results. Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence, and intelligent forcefulness
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, and ethics. Honest, truthful, straight forward
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, operating styles manifested in image, thoroughness, completeness, accuracy, polish, appropriateness, integrity, effectiveness. Performs at high standards
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Sterigenics U.S. LLC takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- 5-10 years of progressive experience, at a project level, in an individual contributor role, developing, initiating and supporting Operational Excellence initiatives in a global organization
- 5-10 years of experience in a transactional or services business with an operational emphasis in Supply Chain optimization
- Preference toward Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean, Six Sigma certifications
- Preference toward candidates with multi-site global experience, operating in different time zones & cultures
- Record of delivering quantifiable efficiencies/performance optimization and implementing change across multiple functional areas
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to secure alignment and influence without authority at senior-leader levels
- Excellent computer skills (MS products, Minitab)
Supply Chain Management