Title of Position: Foreman / “A” Diesel Truck Mechanic
Location: South Plainfield, N.J.
Shift: 1st (6 a.m. start or as needed)
Signing Bonus: $2,000 ($1,000 paid 1 month following date of hire, $1,000 paid 6 months following date of hire and continuous employment)
Silvi Concrete Company, a progressive, integrated, manufacturer and supplier of concrete is seeking an Experienced Shop Foreman/ “A” Diesel Mechanic. If you are hardworking, dedicated and enjoy fixing diesel vehicles you should be working for Silvi Concrete!
Through a combination of growth and acquisitions, Silvi Concrete has become one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of concrete products in the Northeast, US. Today, the company manufactures concrete at multiple locations and supplies those plants with materials from its own mining operations and deep-water port facility.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
· Maintain a safe and professional working environment
· Diagnose and perform preventative maintenance for heavy-duty diesel vehicles and equipment.
· Remove, repair, rebuild from start to finish and/or replace assemblies (diesel engines, automatic and manual transmissions, axles) sub-assemblies (cylinder heads, oil pumps, fan belts, generators, starters, gauges) and other parts (tie rods, drag links, ball joints, brake linings, bearings) on trucks and equipment.
· Perform electrical work including wiring systems and starter rebuilding.
· Repair and/or adjust electrical sensors, E. G. R. valves, and computerized electrical systems according to automotive and Federal Government Clean Air Standards.
· Diagnose computerized: fuel management systems, ignition systems and engine timing to determine and perform needed repairs.
· Changes tires.
· Weld broken assemblies, subassemblies and/or other parts, as required.
· Uses, stores, records, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, parts and other supplies.
· Maintain shop and work area in a clean and organized manner.
· Prepare reports and records of time spent, materials, parts used and work completed.
· Required to learn to utilize various types of diagnostic equipment.
· Respond and handle road service calls as needed with the use of a company service vehicle.
· Serve as a lead mechanic in the training of both ‘B’ and ‘C’ mechanics.
· Complete work assignments in the allotted time frame.
· Fleet/transportation, repair and maintenance experience of preferably at least 5 years for a medium to large size company.
· Previous supervisory experience highly preferred
· Possess a working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to read and understand maintenance and parts manuals, maintenance and wiring diagrams, schematics and other written instructions related to the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and equipment.
· Knowledge and experience with repair and maintenance of heavy-duty vehicles
· Knowledge and experience with safety regulations, i.e. OSHA, DOT as they apply to the operation
· A valid CDL (A class) license highly preferred.
· A valid PA Inspection License A+ preferred.
· A valid Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Certification.
· Certification under the federal Department of Transportation guidelines for brake adjustment and repair.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
· Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Stand for long periods of time.
· Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
· Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
· Use fingers to grasp, move, and quickly assemble very small objects.
· Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
· See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
· Determine from which direction a sound came.
· See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
· Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Pay, Overtime
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Oil And Gas