Education and Experience Requirements:
· High School degree or GED.
· Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment.
· One (1) year quality inspection experience or two years manufacturing experience.
· Two (2) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
· In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, route cards, inspection travelers, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
· Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
· Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
· Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
· Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
Approve Finished Product