Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher
Well established, privately owned and operated transportation company has an opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant or Dispatcher. Position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our office and responsibilities related to load, driver and equipment dispatching. If you have Two (2) years experience with a trucking transportation company. Must have a broad working knowledge of standard functions associated with handling customer inquiries, driver related issues and the ability to communicate effectively with all employees, drivers and customers.
We will Train the right Candidate
· Provide exceptional customer service to customers and fellow team members.
· Provide load planning, coordination and dispatching to a high volume of drivers.
· Responsible for the accuracy of delivery track reports.
· Follow up and ensure compliance with state, government and local laws, rules and safety regulations.
· Provide accurate and detailed information regarding directions, load information, pick-up/delivery times and other special load related information.
· Two (2) or more years prior experience as a Dispatcher in a trucking environment.
· Computer keyboard proficiency to include computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and a dispatching software.
· Excellent writing and communication skills (English) along with organization skills related to maintaining control of details related to the transport and delivery of freight. Spanish language skills are a plus.
· An even disposition and the ability to handle the stress related to normal dispatch operations and to lead by example.
· Must be able to work weekends and after hours as necessary.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. Background and references checks will be conducted. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team. We offer competitive compensation. If you consider yourself one of the best and brightest Dispatchers in the region, please send your resume today.