To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Palm City, FL
- Emily Davenport
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Palm City, FL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The National Institute for Fitness and Sport (NIFS) is hiring a full-time Wellness Director for our retirement community fitness and wellness program in Palm City, Florida.
The Wellness Director supervises and coordinates all activities of the fitness center including initiating and implementing programming, setting customer service standards, working with members, developing or maintaining a group fitness program and other duties as assigned. In addition to fitness center duties, the Director cultivates a wellness-based lifestyle for community residents through collaboration with other community personnel and is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interests of residents and conducive to their physical, mental and social well-being. The Director ensures the activity programs are appropriately presented by staff and maintains records of all activities and resident participation.
- Facilitates the development of wellness programs, initiatives, goals and objectives; creates and implements action plans to achieve stated goals; continues to initiate new programs as part of an ongoing effort to stimulate participation and encourage new participants
- Collaborates regularly with other community personnel to establish rich, multi-dimensional programming; evaluates success of programming for continuous improvement
- Supervises full time staff, Coverage Specialists, Interns, and onsite contractors (where applicable)
- Maintains a positive, service-oriented relationship with peers; establishes an ongoing positive and professional rapport with members
- Creates budget and monitors expenses against determined budget (where applicable)
- Demonstrates consistent attention to detail and organizational skill, manages competing demands
- Coordinates and oversees all aspects of Fitness Center membership, including but not limited to, evaluating health forms, establishing orientation protocols, tracking members, and conducting renewals
- Assesses health status of members, ranging from apparently healthy to high risk, to provide exercise and other wellness-related counsel/recommendations unique to each individual
- Works routinely with residents in a 1:1 setting to help them develop and sustain a personal wellness plan that involves diverse activities/opportunities; consistently follows up with residents on their progress with the plan
- Performs weekly/monthly/annual reporting and documentation responsibilities such as monthly reports, monthly hours, injury reports, etc.
- Establishes and maintains fitness facility specific quality standards
- Supervises group exercise program; adjusts classes/schedule as needed
- Teaches group exercise classes onsite; provides acceptable activities to meet fitness levels of participants; adheres to appropriate safety guidelines; keeps classes inviting, challenging, and popular
- Supervises the preventive maintenance and repair of exercise equipment; ensures facility cleanliness
- Speaks effectively before groups of residents, prospects or other groups as needed
- Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet audience needs
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field required, Master's degree preferred
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Three to five years of increasingly challenging experience in the field preferred; specific experience working with older adults required
- Ability to teach basic balance, chair and aquatic group fitness classes; ability to safely and accurately prescribe exercise for older adults using ACSM guidelines
- ACSM Health/Fitness Specialist Certification preferred
- Other industry-related certifications (CPT, CSCS, etc) acknowledged
- Candidate will have reliable transportation
- Candidate may be required to successfully pass a drug screen, background check, and/or a TB skin test