WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DUTIES? Responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining business applications. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and assess user requirements, synthesize, design systems, and make recommendations. Develop effective system diagrams and written documentation.
- Design, code, and test applications while using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
Follow recommended and industry procedures to deploy completed applications to production.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Application development concepts including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), reusable code, and testable coding. Support, maintain, and enhance existing .Net applications.
- Convert and/or integrate existing applications between software platforms and technologies.
- Develop and maintain amicable communications with coworkers and departmental users.
- Work as a team member; collaborate effectively, contribute (and recognize and accept) different skills, individual interests, and opinions to sustain the unity and efficiency of the group in order to achieve common goals. Customer Service oriented approach to business.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written documents.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? Federal retirement plan, Social Security, 401(k) style retirement savings plan with matching contributions, holidays, vacation, sick leave, leave transfer program, tuition assistance, health insurance, life insurance, long term care insurance, dental/vision insurance, flexible savings accounts (health and dependent care). This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements. Employee(s) will be duty stationed in Boston, Massachusetts –Telework allowed - one day per week.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED? The experience and/or education must have equipped the applicant with the necessary knowledge and ability to perform fully the work of IT Specialist.
General Experience: Experience in administrative or technical work, such as (1) work which required a general understanding of administrative functions or management practices and processes, or (2) an ability to work or deal effectively with individuals or groups of persons, or (3) skill in analyzing problems, identifying relevant factors, gathering pertinent information, and recognizing solutions.
Specialized Experience: In addition to the general experience, applicants must have the required amount of specialized experience performing duties that are directly related to the primary duties of the position listed above. Specialized experience may be gained performing a variety of information technology functions, when the work requires an in-depth knowledge of systems procedures and computer programming.
Education: Successfully completed studies in an accredited college or university above the high school level may be substituted for general experience at the rate of 1 year of education (i.e., 30 semester or 45 quarter hours) for 1 year of experience, up to a maximum of 3 years of education for 3 years of experience. Only directly related graduate education may be substituted for specialized experience, at the rate of 15 semester hours or 18-quarter hours for 6 months of experience.
Eligible applicants will be evaluated against the following criteria to determine the best qualified:
- Significant experience in application development in a business environment with Microsoft .NET, preferably in C# (C Sharp), SQL programming, and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Considerable Experience with reporting and business intelligence; writing and maintaining reports preferably using Crystal Reports and SQL Reporting
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies a plus
- Experience utilizing basic database design principals
- Experience creating and maintaining database objects, such as tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers
- Extensive experience utilizing web-based programming
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012+, Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015+, Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0+, and Microsoft .Net languages (VB.Net, ASPX.Net, C#.Net)
- Experience with SOLID principles and Unit Testing is a Plus.
- Two or more years of specialized experience as an IT Application Developer.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS? Must be a U.S. Citizen; males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service; subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary period. As a condition of employment, appropriate security clearance is required for this position. Irregular weekend and evening work is required on occasion. Occasional overnight travel is required. Per diem and mileage paid for official travel.
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Long Term Care Insurance