A long term established Developmental Disabilities and Foster Care agency is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager - Government Contracts to join its Finance team. The position reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for directing the activities relating to the reporting of Government claims to funders. Supervises Grant and Junior accountants. Provides monthly updates to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
· Maintains contract documents and related materials in an orderly and organized manner in a file directory
· Direct, prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements for various funders
· Assist with Agency audit and prepare audit documentation and requirement for individual funder audit
· Work with funders to troubleshoot and solve issues with reimbursement claims and disallowances
· Follow up with funders to ascertain status of reimbursement
· Establish relationships with funders (namely fiscal counterparts)
· Provide anticipated reimbursement data to Controller to assist in cash flow planning
· Coordinate meetings with Program managers to discuss status of budgets vs actual and action planning.
· Works with Controller to meet all grantor and departmental deadlines
· Support Program staff to properly manage contract spending and documentation
· Provide detail monthly analysis budget vs expenses
· Supervise Grant Accountant and Junior Accountant, providing training and guidance on claims process and requirements.
· Provide financial oversight for funds related to grant projects.
· Monitor/track the status of each program through its program life cycle.
· Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
· Record monthly Billing
· Record and maintain all Accounts Receivable related to Govt Grant invoices
· Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures (Related to Grants)
· Complete Journal entries as needed
· Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 4 -6 years’ experience in contracts, mainly Federal, state and city (experience completing ACS, DYCD, OMH claims preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal, written, communication and documenting skills.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, assertive, and work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional
- Experience with Excel is required. Experience with Financial Edge General Ledger System is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems, spreadsheets, database programs, and on-line resources
- Demonstrated initiative in problem solving, ability to communicate effectively to members of other departments and meet regular and multiple deadlines and be able to work in partnership with other staff members to complete projects.
To apply directly to this Financial Reporting Manager - Government Contracts, email your resume to: "[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Financial Reporting Manager - Government Contracts"
Visit our website at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Reporting Manager - Government Contracts