To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7600 Graves Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Behavioral Health Services - Mental Health
Maryvale • Rosemead, CA
Posted 21 days ago
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Director is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the clinical department according to DMH, DCFS and Maryvale expectations.
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
- Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
- Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH REQUIRED JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as Head of Service for the Department of Mental Health contracts.
- Collaboration with and leading of the treatment team.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, tracking and meeting monthly productivity standards according to targeted budgeted expectations.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisors and Director of Quality Assurance/Improvement, responsible for ongoing tracking and review of all documentation required under the DMH Contract. This entails coordination of ongoing chart reviews, participation in various clinical meetings, paperwork tracking, and audit preparation.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisors and Director of Quality Assurance/Improvement, provides all departmental staff with trainings in accordance with current Department of Mental Health standards and requirements.
- Active participate in PQI meetings.
- Attends administrative/management meetings.
- Actively participates in external meetings with stakeholders. Stays abreast of any and all DMH changes, expectations, etc.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisors coordinates psychiatric, psychological, and Mental Health services provided to the children.
- Collaborates and leads treatment team meetings and ensure effective development of quality mental health treatment programs for the children and families.
- Ensures treatment team is actively engaged in CFT and CANS.
- Ensures all DMH requirements are met according to expectations.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisors and Director of Quality Assurance/Improvement, develops and updates the Mental Health Department’s Manuals.
- Oversees the implementation and use of evidence-based practices.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary process for all staff in the behavioral health, health services and educational departments.
- Completes associate evaluations of Associates directly supervised.
- Responsible for providing effective in-service training to staff as needed.
- Follow Universal Precautions and Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Performs other duties as needed.
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctoral or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or related field; from an approved graduate school.
- Licensed in California as a Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Minimum three years’ experience supervising staff according to Department of Mental Health documentation standards.
- Minimum 1 year experience with trauma informed care principles.
- Experience in a mental health department in a residential program highly desirable.
- Track record of effectively leading a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Experience administering and managing EBP’s.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a mental health community based setting, family preservation or similar highly desirable.
- Adept with group dynamics, team building and conflict-resolution.
- Strong management and organizational skills a must.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Pre-employment physical exam and criminal and Office of Inspector General’s background clearance.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Bilingual Spanish highly desirable.
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.