It's an exciting time to join Q3 Contracting! We are growing and need to add talent. Q3 Contracting's goal is to exceed customer expectation with superior service, workmanship and innovative problem solving. If you fit our culture and are looking for a new position, with opportunities to advance and grow with a reputable, stable company, look no further!
We have an immediate opening for a Project Controls Specialist in Des Moines, IA . This is a full-time, non-union position that reports to the Project Controls Manager.
The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the assigned project(s) deliverables are being executed within budget and on schedule; including, timely and accurate input of data, thorough and accurate review/analysis of defined cost and schedule elements, and timely and accurate document reporting.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist in development, progressing and monitoring of the project(s) schedule for the planning, procurement, construction and closeout phases.
- Coordinate, calculate, develop, input or update project budget information, changes, expenditure information, commitments and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s), and schedules
- Update, monitor and Consult project(s) costs and progress; including coding and/or reviewing the coding of timesheets and invoices for accuracy, as well as, ensuring adequate weekly tracking of quantities and production.
- Analyze cost and productivity reports, present findings, and communicate recommendations to the project team.
- Assist in project setup, coding, take‐offs and establish project baseline.
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, forecasts and summary level progress.
- Provide cost, schedule and key performance indicator input to the weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Printing and distribution of technical and administrative reports.
- Assembly of monthly report packages
- Other project controls duties as assigned.
- One to three years of professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, accounting, or related field from accredited
- program. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate levels(s) of management
- Familiarization with Project Controls procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, etc.
- Previous internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Team work
- Decision making / problem solving
- Thorough and effective communication
- Openness to change
- Problem solver
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimum guidance
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
Q3 Contracting provides competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Q3 Contracting is a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing.
Qualified veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.