To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1050 17th Street
Denver, CO 80265
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Legal Administrative Assistant
Stinson Leonard Street • Denver, CO
Posted 2 months ago
Stinson Leonard Street LLP seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) to join the firm's Downtown Denver, CO office. The LAA provides support to attorneys that have several different practice areas including intellectual property, government contracts, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, environmental and litigation. The LAA is responsible for producing a variety of work product related to the attorney/client interaction. Work product includes, but is not limited to, the production of documents; coordination and facilitation of travel plans, meetings, electronic and face-to-face communications; handling of incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence; expense entry; and file maintenance. The LAA must be able to work effectively with a variety of law firm members, including numerous lawyers, paralegals, and staff members. In all situations, it is expected that the LAA will maintain the highest levels of respect, confidentiality and professionalism in the execution of the responsibilities.
This position reports to the Office Manager; on a day to day basis, works under the direction of the attorneys and paralegals to whom the Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) is assigned. There is no direct supervisory responsibility associated with this position.
Legal Administrative Support
· Prepares Documents: Responsible for typing and modifying legal documents accurately and within requested timeframes for assigned legal group, prioritizing work among assignments and meeting specific deadlines on projects. Coordinates lengthy and complex document preparation with Work Product Support Services as needed. Prepares documents for e-filing as required.
· Processes Mail: Reviews and routes incoming mail. Prepares and processes outgoing mail and faxes, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required. Ensures that all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included.
· Maintains Files: Maintains paper and electronic files in compliance with current policies. Works with Records Department to create and maintain client files and indexes. Marks case or matter related documents as needed with filing instructions to ensure proper filing. Performs routine filing and retrieves files as needed. Maintains chronological files and administrative files for assigned attorneys.
· Maintains Calendar: Responsible for professionally managing incoming calls, including client calls, assisting in coordinating timekeeper calendars, expense reports, travel and meeting arrangements. Coordinates specific client dates with the Calendar/Docket Department as needed.
· Provides Administrative Support: Prepares and processes new matter forms. Receives and screens phone calls and takes messages as required. Receives and directs clients and visitors. Coordinates travel arrangements, prepares itineraries, and prepares travel expense reports. Schedules meetings and arranges for conference rooms and meals. Maintains and updates contact names and addresses in the contact database. Communicates effectively with clients and with others in the Firm. Is proactive in anticipating the business needs of the assigned attorneys; plans ahead and meets deadlines.
Client Billing Coordination
· Coordinates Accounting Administrative Functions: Prepares expense reimbursement/disbursement requests. Coordinates client billing matters with Accounting billing staff, attorneys, and clients; prepares billing letters and other requested client financial updates; assists attorneys with tracking and monitoring alternative fee arrangements; assists attorneys with automation, tracking and monitoring of matter budgets.
General and Administrative
· Cooperates with Team Efforts: Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and provides assistance to other LAAs as time permits. Serves as a backup LAA to assigned timekeepers. Works cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the Firm.
· Other: Performs other duties as assigned by core practice group. Travel requirements are negligible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School degree or equivalent; college or business school desirable.
3-4 years LAA experience or equivalent; prior experience in the assigned practice area(s) is desirable.
- Litigation experience preferred.
Strong computer skills required with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, as well as with file document management tools such as FileSite or WorkSite; PowerPoint experience is preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Strong professional, independent thinking skills with strength in problem solving and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
A team player who motivates and educates other team members.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson Leonard Street application process should contact Human Resources at 612.335.7140 or email HumanResources@stinson.com.
Stinson Leonard Street is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open position. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.