Client is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to Client and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, and spirit of independence and love of challenge. We look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We are seeking a talented and efficient Associate Manager, Sequencing Research Operations Management to contribute and support Sequencing Research and Genomics team. The position is located in San Diego. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and project management skills with a solid understanding of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) operations and should be able to perform any tasks assigned by Senior Manager, Sequencing Operations in an efficient and timely manner. The candidate will be expected to interact with other teams such as IT, data managers, Bioinformatics and Biology Scientists from various Thematic Research Centers (TRC's). The scope of work will involve working with internal project stakeholders as well as external NGS vendors ensuring high levels of communication. An outstanding Associate Manager should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues in NGS operations and ensure that these are resolved promptly.
This position requires an education in biology, biochemistry, genetics or related field of life sciences research and at least 1 year of direct experience in NGS field. Experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Tracking genomics collaborative research inquiries, projects, action items, deadlines and organizing all supporting information for NGS projects.
• Coordinate sample transfer through data delivery for experiments performed in-house and/or via external organizations.
• Review extraction, sequencing run and data quality control stats and documenting them for future reference.
• Excellent time management and organizational skill with attention to details
• Self-motivated, strong communication skills, both written and oral. Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 2 years' work experience or master's degree with at least 1 year of work experience.
• Excellent communication skills with previous success in 3rd party engagements, to deliver high quality and value in complex scientific research objectives.
• Using genomics expertise to troubleshoot various scenarios that can come up during the course of an NGS experiment.
• Support and troubleshoot NGS data transfers in collaboration with Bioinformation Operations Manager.
• Experience in vendor management is preferred.
• Working knowledge with various project management tools like JIRA and Confluence.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Primarily responsible for end to end tracking and updates of Next Gen Sequencing projects conducted in-house by SRG with its collaborators (TRC and TM teams, non-clinical pharmacology, etc.,) across all sites. This includes tracking:
Incoming projects and timelines for sample preparation and sequencing.
Review and document sequencing and bcl2fatsq conversion metrics
Documenting meta-data essential for project to proceed for Bioinformatics processing
• Assists the Sr. Manager to interact with external vendors on sending requirements, collecting quotes, setting up projects and vendor management for all project involving CRO
• Using project management software for tracking project milestones and sharing summary metrics with team and project stakeholders
• Support the Sr. Manager regarding meta-data standardization in collaboration with Knowledge Sciences and tracking for all NGS projects supported by SRG
• Responsible for tracking contracts and their timely renewal with vendors for Lab instruments and Software services.
• Familiarity using LIMS systems for sample, project and output management. Support of protocol development in LIMS and through automation
• Work closely with data Sciences team to implement standardization of processes, meta-data collection and data organization.
• Implement best practices across project teams e.g. sequencing lab, Database management, Bioinformatics and Predictive Sciences
• Monitor processes and ensure that those responsible are informed of their effectiveness, advocate for and contribute to the success of change/ process improvements when warranted.
• Support the development and use of performance metrics to create a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of Sequencing Operations team to facilitate teamwork, positive team dynamics and maximize team output operations.
NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING, GENOMICS, SEQUENCE.
Process Improvements (Business)