You're invited to join a company that values their caregivers!
(Full time 3pm-11pm, Part-time 3pm-11pm)
Lorien Mays Chapel offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive healthcare benefits with medical, dental, and vision, generous paid time off & holiday pay, and a 401K. Additionally, Lorien Mays Chapel believes in furthering education and supports career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement!
Lorien Health Service’s goal is to exceed expectations and provide exceptional patient-centered care utilizing the latest in healthcare technology. Our homelike atmosphere boasts spacious rooms, a salon, and a delicious café. Additionally, we have recently launched a ROCK STEADY program developed especially for those with Parkinson’s disease. We invite you to become part of a team dedicated to improving the quality of life for our residents!
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environmentAs an RN/LPN Charge Nurse, you must have a positive and empathetic personality as well as strong team leadership and delegation skills. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid critical-thinking and independent problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public- Must be able to handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Conduct and appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of approved RN/LPN program and hold a valid MD (RN, LPN, etc.) license in good standing.
• 1 year med/surg experience, or long term care experience preferred
• Empathetic and service-oriented personality
• Excellent time-management and prioritization abilities
• Knowledge of state & federal regulations that apply to our facility(including Medicare) and ability to maintain compliance.
• Knowledge of resident rights
• Knowledge of documentation requirement for managing skilled care
• Electronic medical record experience a plus
• Ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
• Communicating changes in resident care needs to your team
• Examining residents who are experiencing a change in condition and updating their physician to determine the best course of action
• Updating resident care documentation regularly throughout your shift
• Carrying out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self-help and care
• Communicating with physicians and rehab team to ensure that all changes in the care plans for each day are clearly understood
• Gathering lab data
• Obtaining sputum, urine and other specimens for lab tests as ordered
• Advising family members of changes in resident conditions
• Addressing and working to resolve any complaints from residents or family members
• Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information
• Interacting with residents and family members in an empathetic, tactful and reassuring manner
• Working with your team to plan for resident admission, transfer and discharge
• Attending care plan meetings to identify particular problems and to make the appropriate changes to individual care plans
• Participating in in-service and continuing education programs
Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.