CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) CLA Search has been retained by Estes Enterprise, Inc. to identify a Senior Accountant to serve their Leadership Team by owning & leading the financial strategy for their business.
Does This Sound Like You?
Are you a high-drive, mission- driven Senior Accountant looking for an opportunity to leave a lasting, transformational impact on your business? Do you have a passion for the retail industry and want to align yourself with a growing, family-owned organization where you be a key contributor to the financial strategy and long-term vision? If that sounds like you, we’d like to talk!
About our Client:
Estes Enterprise Inc. is a family owned Minnesota based corporation that’s been serving the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport Community since 1987. The first store was opened in 1987 and the second in 2004. Both stores are located in the Lindbergh Terminal. They pride themselves on being a one-stop shop that meets the needs for today and tomorrow's travelers. Their stores provide a pleasant, friendly environment with a Minnesota feel, great customer service, variety of beverages, snacks, healthy food choices, top selling magazines and books, souvenirs, gifts, activity games for all ages and health and beauty products for all of your personal needs. To learn more, click here: URL blocked - click to apply.
What You’ll Do:
Report directly to & partner with ownership to impact the long-term growth and financial health of the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all day-to-day accounting, finance, and cash management
- Oversee/Execute all payroll processing & management activities
- Prepare and manage financial statements
- Manage all Accounts Payable & invoicing activities
- Execute weekly check runs
- Track & manage cash/receipts from multiple retail locations
- Support on-site managers at retail locations as necessary
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s Degree, ideally in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of Lead Accountant experience
- Ideally in a high-volume, heavily cash-based environment
- Strong understanding of General Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of month-end close
- Advanced Excel expertise
- Background/Exposure to Great Plains accounting software
- Prior experience with Counterpoint POS is a strong plus
- Understanding of business priorities and dynamics and how various metrics impact the business
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency to respond to and address needs of the company, balanced with good instincts and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to determine key metrics upon which to measure productivity and profitability
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and execution
Standard Accounting Practices