Sr. Application Test Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Public Trust
In this role you will support/develop JAVA based applications along with .NET and MQ messaging. The ideal candidate should be proficient in understanding the Software Development Lifecycle and the supporting software necessary to perform change management. The candidate will be testing various scenarios within the various applications and documenting results. The candidate will work closely with other teams within AFMS to facilitate the Program’s SDLC.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and develops functional test plans and for all phases of testing
- Design, execute, and maintain automated and manual test scripts
- Generating test data
- Data Validation, execute regression, functional, load and system testing
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
- Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
- Determines test objectives and standards by reviewing customer requirements
- Conducts application testing of web based systems
- Captures and documents artifacts and records defects
- Verifies and validates testing results by accessing and querying databases using MS Access or SQL
- Reports test outcome by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data
- Resolves testing problems by modifying testing methods during tests; conferring with management to revise test objectives and plans
- Gains an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and proposed new requirements
- Participates in design reviews, analysis walk throughs, and Peer Reviews
- Must have a working knowledge of Rational ClearQuest & Rational ClearCase
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Must pass a DOJ Minimal Background Investigation, MBI, Level 5 background investigation. Valid EQIP JPAS transfers acceptable
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
Ajax (Programming Language)
Agile Software Development
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Abbtech is a Woman-Owned Business, incorporated in the State of Virginia, which maintains two offices: one in Washington, DC and one in Baltimore, MD. We have a total staff of 20 full time employees. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical, Telecom and Administrative personnel.
View the full profile
Abbtech has a computerized database of over 100,000 resumes, which have been updated annually since 1992. Our current client database exceeds 300 dealing with clients of various sizes. We offer and provide experience, knowledge, dedication and a commitment to service. We staff locally in Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware and West Virginia, and nationally using various Internet sources, national resume services, trade publications, newspapers, campus recruiting, state agencies, job fairs and referrals.
Our key staff members possess over 100 years of cumulative experience with an established reputation in all aspects of the staffing business.