To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monterey, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Health Information Specialist
Employnet • Monterey, CA
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Health Information Technician that has an interest in research.
Research Information Technicians compile, evaluate, verify, and integrate data and documentation into a record. Research records provide data that can be used to enhance research operations. Research Information Technicians serve as the records librarian for paper and electronic files. Incumbents assemble, verify, and manage the establishment, amendment, retrieval, and storage for paper and/or electronic research records.
Incumbents are distinguished by the technical nature of the work similar to specialized knowledge of medical record practices. This classification is appropriate for positions which serve as the primary resource for the technical aspects of research information and records management.
- Manage the storage, information processing and flow of research data in and out of records library and automated research information systems
- Organize, analyze, and evaluate records including grants, contracts, and research compliance
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records and information, ensuring all necessary records are completed, identified, and signed
- Communicate with analysts and researchers to clarify information and obtain necessary additional information
- Comply with confidentiality and privacy requirements in transmittal of appropriate paper or electronic records and research information
- Thorough knowledge of approved practices and methods for the compilation and maintenance of, and access to, research information and records
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to revise or develop new filing and record maintenance procedures
- Effectively use applicable automated information systems and maintain data security
- Associate's degree or equivalent in an accredited Medical Records program or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities