• Position will perform a variety of duties to support the manufacturing operations including, but not limited to, design/developing, building and maintaining all dies, jigs and fixtures. Working closely with manufacturing to develop more efficient operations through tooling and fixturing
• Ability to design, develop and construct highly intricate tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges where accurate relationships, fittings and interchangability of parts require maintenance of extremely close tolerances.
• Ability to devise/revise mechanisms to meet or obtain specific requirements.
• Perform difficult development work, make tool tryouts and correct problems.
• Assist and advise lower level toolmakers and manufacturing as required.
• Operates within and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace performance, Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Perform equipment and facility maintenance tasks as needed.
High School Education or equivalent with technical degree or apprenticeship
Ability to use manual and automated machines; lathes, bridgeports, grinders, edms, mills, welders.
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Ability to read, understand and follow blueprints, process/instruction sheets and standard operating procedures.
Performance of operations which require finite motor skills and manual dexterity.
Movement of items weighing up to 50 pounds from one area to another.
Posture is primarily standing/walking with bending and limited sitting and twisting.
Visual acuity to detect subtle visual non-conformities.
Progressive manufacturing tool making experience of five years or more.
Working with manufacturing equipment and assembly processing
CNC programming/ operating if available
Mig/Tig welding if available