To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2707 East Van Buren Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Donor Data Management and Marketing Manager
The Salvation Army • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
- Serve as the liaison with direct marketing vendors.
- Coordinate donor management support services; including execution of campaign management system file selects, ensuring timely mailings of donor materials and newsletters.
- Serve as part of the Divisional Development Department team providing direct marketing strategies and income targets to the overall vision and goal of the Development Department.
- Ensure that direct marketing strategies are on target to meet budgeted revenue expectations and recommend course changes when necessary to achieve targeted revenue expectations.
- Serve as the divisional donor database administrator, and provide leadership, guidance, and technical training for all divisional staff in the appropriate use of the donor database management system, and in compliance with approved TSA standards and protocols.
- Develop appropriate policies and respond to procedural questions to ensure that the integrity of donor data is maintained.
- Request and generate source and fund codes for fundraising events on behalf of CRD and Finance department staff.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient conversion and upgrades of the donor database system.
- Generate reports and provide reporting analysis.
- Prepare performance reports for the Divisional Director of Development and other CRD team members and provide analytics on direct response strategic outcomes and fundraising efforts, including acquisition, cultivation, retention and reactivation campaigns.
- Assist Corps Officers and Development professionals with the creation, layout and production of approved localized mail appeal letters and newsletters.
- Implement methods to maximize efficiency and production of the direct mail operation.
- Oversee donor care, handling donor questions, problems and complaints; developing procedures/policies to maintain goodwill with donors and potential donors by phone and in writing
- Make recommendations to the Director of Development on improvements to the efficiencies in systems and procedures to enhance overall effectiveness, productivity and increased income.
- Represent Southwest Division on all issues pertinent to Donor Data Management, liaising with Territorial Headquarters as needed, serving on territory-wide task forces with other data managers to provide input and address database issues in support of the donor management and direct marketing mail appeal processes.
- In cooperation with the Divisional Director of Development, develop and implement an annual business plan with goals and mail appeal budgets.
- Provide research on potential vendors and direct marketing tools and processes to ensure the best available resources are utilized for generating direct marketing income and acquiring new donors.
- Process invoices for billed direct marketing campaigns and ensure that they are accurate and promptly paid.
- Attend and participate in fundraising meetings and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university or related field experience and specialized training in Fund-Raising Management highly desired; and 3+ years experiences in donor data management or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to interface with all types of personalities with excellent customer relations and people skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Must have proven skills/experience with working with a central donor database management system.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability in the use of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and other computer software used in support of database management.
- Ability to work productively and effectively with Territorial, Divisional, Corps Officers and Staff, and office administration staff.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to address multiple projects in a time sensitive manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, flexible and possess good people skills.
- Experience with direct response marketing and creating dynamic and exciting appeal letter copy.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of donor and department information.
- Must provide excellence in service to donors and team.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.