To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- David Linke - Aerosource
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Airfoil Casting Engineer - Product
Aerosource • US-Nationwide
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SR. Product Engineer - Airfoil Casting
(All inquiries will remain confidential.)
The Sr. Product Engineer will develop manufacturing processes based on customer blueprint and specifications to fulfill company strategic goals while integrating the needs of marketing, sales and manufacturing departments. Troubleshoots process problems and provides technical support to manufacturing to ensure the on time production of investment castings that meet the highest quality standards at the lowest possible cost.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Interface with customers to develop new products, and support customer program requirements.
- Identify the needs and goals for new products, from function to aesthetics.
- Lead development projects, and deliver parts on time.
- Review customer specifications and blueprints to determine the procedures, testing, and routing sequences required to meet the dimensional requirements.
- Utilizes process knowledge, basic engineering principles, previous experience, and creativity as necessary to develop processes that result in the production of quality castings that conform to customer specifications and time tables.
- Develop new technology to support plant initiatives
- Reviews all layouts, tool reworks and tool construction as necessary to ensure consistency and repeatability of process results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B/S in Mechanical Engineering or other related fields of experience.
- 5+ years’ experience airfoil investment casting, cored IGT product.
- Proven track record of airfoil part development and delivering projects on time.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Working knowledge of 3D modeling software such as Unigraphics.
Keywords: investment casting, lost wax, IGT airfoil, shell, ceramic core, DS, Equiax, single crystal, alloy, superalloy, nickel cobalt, process engineer, gas turbine, turbine components, industrial gas turbine, power turbine, GE frame, Aero-derivative, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Siemens, Doncasters, PCC, Howmet, Arconic, Chromalloy, Hitchiner, Precision Castparts.