Central Bucks School District is accepting applications for an Accounting Supervisor. This full-time, 12-month administrative position offers excellent benefits and competitive salary in accordance with the Administrative Compensation (Act 93) Plan.
The position is available December 2019 (exact date to be determined).
The Accounting Supervisor will supervise the Payroll Department and guide all aspects of payroll processing. Responsible for the accurate processing of all payrolls, maintenance of payroll systems, posting and reconciling all payroll related accounts in general ledger, and filing all required federal, state and local tax returns. In cooperation with the Human Resources department, this position has the responsibility to ensure that current pay practices are in compliance with federal and state regulations, human resource policies, and maintenance of budget guidelines.
- Supervise the payroll department consisting of one accountant and two staff positions.
- Technical skills to successfully maintain the payroll software and Kronos time and attendance software system to keep accurate records for timely and accurate filing and budget reporting.
- Exceptional communication skills required to assist all Kronos users with the system as well as assist all other departments with payroll related questions.
- Problem solving skills to ensure functionality of all payroll systems.
- Outstanding organizational skills to ensure, file, and submit payments for all payroll taxes with federal, state and local taxing agencies.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Application Procedure: Apply through the CBSD Employment Portal (https://centralbucks.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx) on or before November 30, 2019*. EOE
*The District reserves the right to close this posting prior to the deadline should a suitable applicant be found.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred. CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
Experience: Three to five (3-5) years prior experience as an accounting/payroll supervisor.
Complex Problem Solving