To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1003 Pawlak Parkway
New Lenox, IL 60451
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Silver Oaks Behavioral Hospital • New Lenox, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
100% EMPLOYER PAID MEDICAL UP TO FAMILY COVERAGE FOR FULL TIME
PART TIME MEDICAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE AT A GREATLY REDUCED PREMIUM
The Staff Nurse (R.N.) is a registered professional nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care and practices.
1. Document patient information and nursing care in the provision of nursing services.
2. Document and reassess any significant changes in the patient's condition in compliance with
3. Report any signs or symptoms of infection in patients to the Infection Control Nurse.
4. Verify the accuracy of patient records.
1. Employ principles of communication, interviewing techniques, problem solving and crisis intervention when performing psychotherapeutic interventions.
2. Intervention is based on knowledge of psychiatric and medical nursing procedures, as well as
the plan of care.
3. Accurately administer medication to patients.
4. Transcribe and carry out physician's/licensed practitioner's treatment orders accurately.
5. Utilize appropriate interventions in psychiatric and medical emergencies.
1. Prioritize and formulate a plan of care based on patient assessment and according to policy.
2. Participate in the development of an interdisciplinary treatment plan with specific and
measurable goals, objectives and interventions defining actions unique to each patient's needs.
3. Update and revise the plan as goals/objectives are met or when the patient's condition changes.
4. Document both the nursing interventions on the treatment plan and the patient's response to the
1. Assure patients are adequately oriented to the program.
2. Monitor program activity and encourage patient participation.
3. Prescribe and coordinate nursing care to patients, during episode of care.
4 Provide structure and maintain a therapeutic environment in collaboration with the patient and other health care providers.
5. Consistently utilize universal precautions and environmental safety guidelines.
6. Conduct structured didactic groups with patients and families.
7. Utilize self as a role model to promote health communication.
1. Participate in quality assurance programs.
2. Collaborate with other team members.
3. Act as the patient's advocate and assure that patient rights are upheld.
4. Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and risk
5. Utilize time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
6. Demonstrate guest relations in communication, cooperation and in giving assistance to patients,
physicians/licensed practitioners, co-workers and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner.
7. Follow facility, departmental and personnel policies and procedures
8. Comply with the employee Code of Ethics.
9. Works overtime in a case of emergency or as deemed necessary by supervisor.
10. Attends mandatory educational programs and annual in-services.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties listed above.
Education: Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor's
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a psychiatric health-care facility preferred.
Licensure: Currently licensed to practice by the Illinois State Board of Nursing.
Additional Requirements: Must pass a medication administration exam before administering medications. CPR certification and successful completion of Management of Aggressive Behavior including restraint and seclusion policies, within 90 days of employment, and prior to assisting in restraining procedures.