Duties and responsibilities
· Develop new business and grow gross profits by promoting Approved Freight Forwarders full suite of logistics services.
· Follow-up on leads generated by our internal. Account Management Center (current clients), conventional leads, and direct client referrals. Report on progress and results through Excel reports and/or CRM updates. Be accountable for progress and results with these leads.
· Ability to determine when to include a subject matter expert “SME” to help move the opportunity along, including operations or management.
· Be creative, know how to differentiate Approved Freight Forwarders from its competitors when pitching our services.
· Take initiative and work independently to grow customer base and meet or exceed sales targets.
· Have the ability, drive, and ambition to research and analyze what potential customers are receiving from their current freight forwarder and figure out how Approved Freight Forwarders can position itself to beat the current provider, win the customer’s business, and then continue to exceed expectations.
· Manage customer records by updating Cargowise and CRM account information
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate credibly and effectively at all levels; to work collaboratively with all departments to ensure the customer needs are met.
· Be mindful, thoughtful, and diligent in all pre-and post-sale activities. Have a consultative approach with potential customers.
· Must have excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Ability to identify clients who do not align with our core values
● Ability to prioritize work duties along with meeting strict deadlines
● Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills.
● Professional presentation and a persuasive, energetic personality.
● A "Hunter" sales mentality, positive attitude & tough-skinned
● Have an extreme sense of urgency when dealing with upper management
● Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Medical & Dental
· FSA & Aflac benefits
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick
Equal Opportunity Employer