Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer-7639
Location: Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Work can be done 100% Remotely but at some point the client would like to have the candidate in office at any one of the following locations:
Las Vegas, NV
Overview: The CRS Group is currently looking for a Slack Administrator for one of our clients based in the Lincolnshire area. The CRS Group is a nationwide Staffing Firm who works primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
The Senior Slack Administrator recommends, designs, implements, and optimizes client’s server and cloud application infrastructure. The Senior Engineer applies expert knowledge and skills to deliver a stable, secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible server infrastructure for client’s operations. The role leads support efforts when server and application problems arise, and coordinates and drives successful implementations with client staff and vendor personnel, including contributing to client’s server and application technology strategy and participating in product evaluation and selection. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the System Engineering staff.
Key Areas of responsibilities
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot cloud and hybrid collaboration platforms
- Coordinate with vendors to troubleshoot and repair outages.
- Evaluate and monitor environments for failures and performance problems.
- Lead the technical architecture documentation for client’s infrastructure.
- Act as a technical point of reference for and mentor junior engineers.
- Collaborate with business owners to complete server project requirements.
- Participate in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT Help Desk to communicate issue status and respond to questions.
- Rotate On-Call support responsibility.
- Support security policies, practices, and guidelines for cloud and hybrid platforms.
- Researches, recommends, tests and configures new technology platforms as required meeting business needs and using client’s best practices.
- Proactively collaborate cross-departmentally on projects.
- Work additional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Lift up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- 10% travel required.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology Engineering
- Expertise with Slack functionality and administration
- Proficient with Office 365 and G Suite administration
- Proficient with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and ADFS infrastructure
- Proficient with server security concepts and hardening practices
- Experience managing team projects and mentoring
- Experience with DR planning, concepts, and strategies
- Preferred Certifications: Cloud Computing Certifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Expert working knowledge of the appropriate operating systems and physical hardware.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to a non-technical audience and effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid process documentation skills.
Specialty Responsibilities – Enterprise Collaboration
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities and requirements for improved collaboration.
- Research and recommend offerings to meet requirements of business collaboration demands, including pilot and/or proof of concept implementations for candidate products.
- Lead the implementation and integration of solutions:
- Installation of new hardware, software, services, and platforms.
- Coordination of training and acceptance.
- Identify and implement measurements for utilization and effectiveness of deployed solution.
- Document, train and manage transition of level one activity to support team(s).
- Lead to resolution, the analysis and resolution of collaboration technology problems.
- Research, recommend, and if required, create tools to automate processes and procedures.
- Monitor platforms for failures and performance problems.
- Perform fact-based capacity planning for future infrastructure needs.
- Research, evaluate, test, pilot, implement and support new platforms for business processes.
- Lead technical aspects of applicable compliance violations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
- Assist with budgetary planning and analysis
- Oversee the stock plan administration team
- Perform tasks for strategic multi-year planning and annual book of work planning
- Support project/portfolio planning and management activities
- Conducting and documenting complex planning practices
- Inform and document key planning inputs & decisions throughout the annual menu planning cycle
- Support the planning department with financial analysis and budget management
- Understand plan documents and amendments including evaluation of plan provisions
- Oversee all aspects of service delivery and plan administration
- Understand all aspects of plan compliance
- Promoting office quarterly business planning report evaluation meeting
- Provide input into account planning and proposal design
- Coordinate key changes across category management (and promo planning)
- Request records for plan audits
- Prepare stock plan analysis for management review
- Communicate directly with clients and professional advisors regarding plan administration
- Oversee plan administration and standard and ad hoc reporting
- Visualize key planning analysis & presentations for internal review
- Implement all the detailed procedures to document all production planning and production control work
- Maintain plan and vendor summaries
G Suite Administrator