MacLellan Integrated Services provides critical process cleaning, maintenance and support services to the automotive manufacturing industry nationwide.
The Group Leader is the first-line supervisory position in our organization. This role leads a critical process cleaning crew in an automotive manufacturing plant operating continuous shifts. This critical position is the backbone of our organization. How effectively Group Leaders manage and develop their teams, and interact with the customer, ultimately determines the success of the site contract.
The Group Leader is exposed to management of people, process, and product at the most fundamental levels, and learns first hand how to manage in a fast paced, JIT, safety focused environment. This is an excellent starting point to gain valuable knowledge in a fast paced OEM automotive environment and learn how the organization works. This role is the training ground for future leaders and those that excel here are quickly noticed. This role is the gateway to other management opportunities and future managers for the site, region, and company as a whole are selected and groomed here.
Reporting to the Contract Manager for the site, the Group Leader is responsible for the safety, quality, service delivery and labor efficiency of their assigned shift. This involves maintaining a safe work environment, directing teams to complete the assigned work, maintaining labor efficiency targets, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, and completing all assigned tasks. The Group Leader interacts directly with numerous customer contacts involved in maintenance and production at a variety of levels. Building and sustaining these relationships with key customer contacts is critical, and requires flexibility to accommodate frequently changing customer demands. The Group Leader is a coach and mentor that interacts daily with their team to deliver core value messages, direct specific activities to be accomplished, develop and improve their teams performance, promote employee contributions to safety and continuously improve operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage safety, delivery, quality, and cost for assigned shift/group.
- Monitor key metrics to evaluate the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of these areas.
- Lead by example to build a high performance work team, with a focus on grooming and training the Team Leaders on their shift.
- Implement process improvements based on feedback from customer interaction.
- Collaborate with and mentor Team Leaders in process improvement through disciplined application of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle) and Continuous Improvement principles and tools.
- Lead, inspire and guide team members to perform duties in a safe, cooperative & team oriented environment.
- Hold team members accountable for established performance expectations.
- Maintain consistent high quality standards at all points of service.
- Provide Contract Manager with regular updates on project status and client meeting results.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS AS PART OF REGULAR WORK SCHEDULE AND MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is a stepping stone to higher levels of management and a training ground for the right candidate in the exciting, fast paced world of OEM automotive manufacturing. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and career growth.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Base Salary and discretionary management bonus
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off / Time Off for Volunteering and company matching charitable donations
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Company matching 401(k) Program
- Life Insurance, Salary Continuation Program & Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company clothing allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement