To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
13151 Dovers Street
Waverly, NE 68462
- Janae Lant
- Phone: 402-786-1212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Live Operations Manager
Tecumseh Poultry • Waverly, NE
Posted 10 days ago
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED OUT OF THE WAVERLY, NE FACILITY.
This position is responsible for overseeing the Live Production operations for our contract grower and company owned barns to maintain low operating costs and maximize revenue while ensuring a safe and healthy environment for the birds and our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and third-party certification programs
- Maintain safe conditions and a positive image in the community
- Work with each department on specific problems such as grower performance, egg/chick production, DOAs, and feed milling
- Manage grow out programs
- Supervise field technicians to ensure the auditing and enforcing of company SOP’s while assisting growers with flock management
- Supervise the maintenance of live operations company vehicles
- Oversee activities related to feed and health programs and grower relations
- Supervise the activities of live haul to coordinate scheduling with broiler load out and producers
- Conduct regularly scheduled management meetings
- Analyze and utilize data related to, among other things, bird weights, livability, egg information, and feed conversion
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Six-plus years’ experience in live production operations.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to innovate, execute and involve the contract growers with passion
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Computer skills, MS Word, Excel Database, and e-mail
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently
- Travel: 30% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License