To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager- HVAC & Mechanical
MacLellan HVAC & Mechanical • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 2 months ago
MacLellan Integrated Services provides a broad scope of maintenance, facilities management, and industrial engineering services to a variety of large manufacturers nationwide. Founded in 1994, MacLellan Integrated Services has expanded from our initial core business providing critical process cleaning services to the automotive industry in the paint shop environment, to a partner and key provider of maintenance services to our customers.
MacLellan HVAC & Mechanical is a service business providing HVAC and mechanical maintenance to industrial and commercial customers. As part of our rapid growth plan, we are opening our newest branch in Grand Rapids, Michigan and we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team of skilled HVAC service professionals to cultivate growth in this new territory. This role requires expertise in initiating and building relationships with decision makers to grow sales for the repair, replacement and service of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in both industrial and commercial environments.
We are building on our reputation for excellence in establishing this new offering, and we will become the leading provider of building and energy solutions in the region, and a leader in energy and HVAC services nationwide.
Responsible for all aspects of sales and new business development for an assigned regional branch and ensuring profitable growth of the business through a focus on the customer and the team in the delivery of HVAC, Controls, Mechanical and Energy related maintenance services and providing support to MacLellan HVAC professionals and sales teams in other branches as needed. This position is accountable for achieving annual sales and gross margin targets in order to grow the business within the assigned territory.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue all opportunities in an assigned territory for the design, installation, service and repair of Industrial and Commercial HVAC Systems at various customer facilities to win new business and meet sales and margin targets.
- Identify leads, contact and cultivate relationships and with HVAC dealers and contractors, sheet metal shops, mechanical contractors, and institutional facility managers to promote services and win new business.
- Utilize CRM system for tracking leads and new business opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for prospect meetings.
- Research and attend HVAC and mechanical conferences.
- Interact with local organizations that may lead to new business.
- Contribute to MacLellan HVAC and Mechanical marketing projects and activities such as advertising, proposal development, marketing literature, conferences, website design, etc.
- Provide news articles and videos to the sales and communications teams as needed.
- Attend and participate in MacLellan business development and management functions as needed.
- Report all activities and progress to branch management and corporate as appropriate; provide regular updates on activity status and customer interaction.
- Maximize the utilization of manpower, supplies, and equipment while maintaining and improving the quality of customer service, and ensure that staffing is appropriate to fulfill newly acquired business.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers to identify new opportunities and report on the status of work completed and any open issues to management and the customer.
- Create and maintain an awareness and acceptance of MacLellan‘s mission and values and enforce company policies.
- Demonstrate and maintain safe habits, confidentiality, high moral character and consistent high quality standards at all times.
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage. Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is key role in our organization, and will share in our success in an exciting, fast paced, high growth rate environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and provide an outstanding career path.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Very competitive base Salary
- Commission based pay
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off / Time Off for Volunteering and company matching charitable donations
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Retirement / 401(k) Program with 100% company matching and immediate vesting
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Company clothing allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- At least 5 years of progressive, professional experience in industrial HVAC sales with demonstrated success in new business development and interpersonal communications.
- At least 2 years of experience involving the design, installation, service and repair of both Industrial and Commercial HVAC Systems at customer facilities in the north western Michigan market is strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline is preferred. Professional training combined with relevant experience may be considered to substitute preferred education.
- The ability to build strong and positive relationships with existing, new and future building owners, consulting engineers, and contractors is highly critical to meeting strategic targets.
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to present technical ideas and concepts to customers and technical professionals.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with peers, management, subordinates and corporate resources to positively impact performance.
- Ability to effectively function using MS Office tools and a web based CRM tool.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and lead by example.
- Driven by a strong customer focus.